As you know, Illinois is now in Phase 3. This means Total Impact is only allowed to conduct 1-on-1 private training, or outside classes of 10 students or less.
These are the new COVID-19 guidelines until we move into Phase 4 (unless something changes). Just like everyone else, we are taking this situation one week at a time as we wait on news from the Governor. We are very hopeful that Phase 4 will begin late June or early July!
Here is our plan for reopening the dojo safely when Phase 4 begins. This plan is subject to change if the state’s guidelines change:
1. Accepting The New Terms: All Students 18+ & or parents/guardian will be required to sign a release & understanding agreement that they will accept to comply with these new terms and policies before they can attend classes.
2. Social Distancing: Students will be required to maintain social distancing of 7-8 ft from others. There will be markers/tape on the mats for proper distancing. We will participate in non-contact training for the time being.
3. Students Wearing Masks: All adult students will be required to wear masks or face coverings when they enter the facility.
4. Instructors Wearing Masks: The Total Impact staff will be required to wear masks or face coverings at all times during class or whenever students are present.
5. Smaller Classes: We will be reducing class size significantly. All classes will be small group classes. As we get closer to Phase 4, we will determine what we feel is appropriate for proper social distancing.
Only current students as of May 28th, 2020 will have first choice of class times. The well-being of our students is our number one priority. Total Impact will follow the guidelines & all state regulations in order to protect our students, families, and staff.
6. Drop Off & Pick Up Rules: We are going to keep our entrance and waiting area as clear as possible during this time. This means no guests or parents will be allowed to wait in the dojo or in the waiting area during class time unless there is a special circumstance. While we always enjoy our Total Impact families coming in to watch classes, we must keep our studio safe! For the time being it’s safer to keep a minimum amount of people in the studio at the same time.
For drop off, please drop your child off at door 2 & wait with them (this is the new entrance closest to Misano Salon). The door will remain locked until the previous class exits the building. Please wait until the students are cleared to enter by an instructor. Parents must wait for their child to be allowed access into the dojo, this is for the safety of all students and staff members.
For pick up, we require all students to be picked up on time. Once class is dismissed, students must exit door 1 (this is the door closest to the real estate office, original entrance and exit). Once again, the purpose of this is to prevent an overflow of students in the same area at one time. While it may feel inconvenient, we assure you this is a temporary measure.
7. Health Checks: Students who are ill or not feeling well, PLEASE DO NOT COME if you or your child are ill. We ask all students to PLEASE STAY HOME for 14 days if they had contact with anyone with COVID-19, or have any of the following symptoms: a fever, coughing, sneezing or show any symptoms of cold or flu like symptoms.
8. Deep Cleaning: We will be deep cleaning & sanitizing all mats, pads, equipment, bathrooms, floors and offices regularly after each class. Students will NOT be allowed to borrow gloves or pads. There is NO NEED for martial arts students to bring sparring gear (until further notice).
ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN WATER BOTTLES! WATER MACHINE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR SAFETY REASONS.
9. Sanitization: We will provide hand sanitizer and body wipes at the door. PLEASE use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap before entering the dojo. This is a simple way to prevent the spread of germs!
Very Important Announcement About Summer Schedule Updates!!
The schedule will change temporarily to accommodate the guidelines for Phase 4. All classes will be set to specific assigned times for students. For example, if Tuesday at 4:00pm is your selected class time, you must attend that day and time. We will release a new summer schedule soon. Remember this is temporary!
All children’s martial arts students will be able to choose a maximum of 2 physical classes (unless signed up for 1 time a week program) and you will also have unlimited livestream classes. We will offer a 1 day/week or 2 days/week class plan for our physical dojo, so it’s fair and that we have enough space for all of our students.
There will be a waiting list for students on hold if there aren’t any time slots available – or until restrictions are lifted. Any students whose membership is 3 days/week, we will adjust your membership & payment. The new temporary schedule will be released next week. We will be offering additional day time classes for children’s martial arts and adult kickboxing for summer as well. Once these class times and spaces are taken, you must choose another time slot.
We will do our best to accommodate and honor your preferences the best we can! We are hoping to have 12-15 students (number subject to change) per class time during Phase 4 for proper social distancing.
While no one at Total Impact had/has COVID-19, we are closely monitoring the situation and doing our best to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations on health and safety. The well-being of our students and clients is our top priority!
Thank you for your patience and support of our dojo as we all navigate this confusing time together. We will come back stronger than ever! Here at Total Impact, we teach all students the key in life is to overcome hardships and obstacles. We will not let this virus break our spirits, and we will continue on our martial arts journey!
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Need to get in touch with us?