Today, women have so much more freedom and rights than they did even a century ago (thankfully). While young girls and women are more empowered on that front, our wives, friends, mothers, and daughters unfortunately still face many challenges – specifically when it comes to personal safety.
As parents, partners, and guardians, many of us worry about the safety of our loved ones. Domestic violence, emotional abuse, stalking, harassment, and sexual violence against women remain top threats. Some of our friends and family members report feeling unsafe walking to their car, being bullied at school, or worry about staying late at work.
Clearly, personal security and safety remains a prime issue…even in 2023. How can we work together to empower and protect our female community?
At Total Impact Martial Arts, we very strongly believe in the power of self-defense. Teaching our students smart techniques to protect oneself from harm is the best strategy for building confidence, improving strength, and helping prevent someone from becoming a victim.
Much in this world is out of our control, but we all have the power to learn what we can to equip ourselves for success! It’s our goal to teach every student how to feel safe outside the dojo – especially young girls and women. Do you want to learn self-defense? Or maybe you’d like to empower a friend or family member? You’ve come to the best place for self-defense classes in Buffalo Grove and Arlington Heights!
Learn how Martial Arts training can equip women of all ages to protect themselves and feel confident in the world…
The State of Domestic Violence in the U.S.
These chilling stats from the National Domestic Violence Hotline cannot be ignored:
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men
- 1 in 4 women experience severe intimate partner physical violence, intimate partner contact sexual violence, and/or intimate partner stalking with impacts
- 1 in 7 women have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime to the point in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide
Teen Dating Violence: A Silent Epidemic
Teen dating violence is another alarming concern. The CDC reports approximately 1 in 11 females face dating violence before 18. The statistics speak for themselves. There is an urgent need to ensure that women of all ages are well-equipped with tools to defend themselves. Martial arts training can help people defend and protect themselves – both physically and emotionally. We MUST take action and educate young people about healthy relationships, the warning signs of dating violence, and how to get help and protect themselves. And don’t get us started on the importance of bullying prevention!
The Need for Teaching Young People Personal Safety
In today’s world full of social, political, and economic turmoil, there are many reasons for social unrest and it’s led to an increase in public violence and senseless attacks. While a lot feels out of our control, we can at least equip ourselves and our kids with the skills and knowledge needed to stay safe and vigilant! By learning self-defense techniques and personal safety awareness, you can develop the ability to protect yourself in hostile situations. Also, preventing violence can have a ripple effect in your community, making it a safer place for everyone. Total Impact Martial Arts is here to share how martial arts empowers our students…
Experience Incredible Benefits of Self-Defense for Women
The statistics may shock you, but don’t worry. We’re here to help! Taking self-defense classes are proven to make students stronger, more confident, and more alert of their surroundings. All these aspects and more can be helpful in an unfortunate scenario where you may need to defend yourself (or come to the rescue of another).
Here are just a few of the benefits girls and women can experience from taking self-defense classes:
- Personal Safety: All martial arts forms increase your safety. They teach you the important techniques you can use to defend yourself in case a dangerous situation happens.
- Self-Confidence: Self-defense classes are not only about physical strength. You also develop emotionally and mentally. As you train, you become more alert, confident, and resilient. As a result, you are also less likely to be easily manipulated or frightened.
- Awareness and Prevention: Not only do we teach you how to defend yourself, but we also teach you how to identify threats. Identifying behavior, and being cautious and alert can help you identify threats before they materialize. Anticipating threats helps you be more proactive and avoid situations before they arise.
- Physical Fitness: All self-defense forms – karate, judo, taekwondo, are physical sports. They involve a lot of physical exercise, improving physical fitness. Women get stronger, and fitter and also witness improved cardio-muscular strength. Hence, martial arts classes are also a way of boosting your physical fitness, alongside their other benefits.
- Stress Reduction: Women undergo severe mental pressure due to the threats they may face. Knowing that they are more susceptible to attack gives them undue stress and often makes their everyday lives tough and miserable. Being confident in their ability to defend themselves can reduce that anxiety. They will be happier and will be able to lead more fulfilling lives without constantly looking over their shoulder.
Empowering Young Girls and Women at Total Impact Martial Arts
Total Impact Martial Arts offers women and girls a welcoming, safe environment to learn self-defense. We believe in equipping everyone in our community with the self-defense skills needed to lead safer, happier, more secure lives. That’s why we’ve designed several programs for ladies of all ages, abilities, and skill levels. Our goal is to teach students useful, real-world techniques that can easily be used outside of the dojo.
Here are some reasons why Total Impact Martial Arts is the top choice for self-defense classes:
- Inclusive Classes: Our self-defense classes for women are designed keeping their needs in mind. Our trainers address real-life scenarios and teaching techniques that can be most useful in those situations.
- Community and Support: We encourage and try to foster community among all our students. All students can find like-minded people who have been through similar situations and can understand each other. When women and girls come together, they feel more empowered as they have the support of other women. They feel protected and secure against the outside world.
- Expert Instructors: All our instructors are not only skilled but also have extensive teaching experience. They aim to equip you with all the tools and techniques you need to protect yourself and stay unharmed. They are also passionate about empowering women and girls through self-defense skills.
- Accessible Locations: We understand that easy access enables women to attend classes regularly without hassle. Hence, our classes are convenient for people looking for self-defense classes near them or their workplaces.
- 360 Approach: At Total Impact Martial Arts, we go the extra mile. We just don’t work on your physical fitness or your self-defense skills. We also build you up mentally and emotionally. With a more holistic approach, all our students step out as the best version of themselves.
Kick Fear Goodbye! Be Safe. Be Smart. Be Empowered.
Total Impact Martial Arts is proud to offer the very best self-defense training in Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs. Street-applicable training for the real world!
Total Impact Martial Arts is also a C.O.B.R.A. Certified self-defense training center. C.O.B.R.A stands for Combat Objective Battle Ready Applications and is the most eye-opening & rewarding self-defense system for the REAL world. We offer self defense classes for all ages. Whether you’re a parent wanting to protect your family, or your teenager is dealing with a bully at school, we can help!
Do you feel afraid walking to your car at night or staying at work alone? Of all the challenges you may face, Total Impact Martial Arts is here to take some of that off your shoulders. We strive to make the world a better, safer place for all. Our self-defense classes aim to empower and support you in your day-to-day experiences, and equip you for success!
While we may not be able to tackle all threats alone, we aim to offer local kids, teens, and adults a community where they can feel safe, confident, and supported. Ready to thrive? Don’t wait until it’s too late—take the first step toward empowerment and safety today. Let’s work together to make our community a safer place!
Hear from one of our Total Impact parents about their kid’s awesome experience at our dojo:
“My daughter loves coming to Total Impact. Shihan Brian and the other Masters are great teachers. They do not try to just pass the kids from belt to belt. They make sure they are proficient in the skills they are learning. But more importantly they preach the importance of how the core values are a vital part Of the class and life.”
– Dean H.
We offer opportunities for young girls and women at every stage of life and skill level in a safe environment. Our classes are conducted by experienced, highly qualified instructors who keep every class exciting, educational, and (most importantly) fun!
Learning self-defense is an investment in protecting yourself, your family, and the community. We instill the real-world value of taking what you learn in the dojo into everyday life situations.
Ready to thrive with us? Try a self-defense class at Total Impact this season!
Call (224) 248-8692 or send us an email today.
Total Impact Martial Arts offers karate, kickboxing, self-defense, and MMA programs to individuals of all ages throughout Chicagoland including Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Palatine, Wheeling, and surrounding areas.
Learn how to protect yourself and others!
Join Total Impact to learn real-world self-defense techniques.