In the excitement of moving into a new year and making positive changes in 2020, Total Impact wants to share some healthy habits and goals that will help you make the next decade amazing! Our mission is for our community to feel strong, healthy and have an impact on our wellness in the long run…
Making 2020 a Success…
Total Impact cares about each of our wonderful students and families. We’d love to help students use exercise and our unique fitness programs as their strategy – whether it be for stress management, weight loss, developing confidence, or other life goals. As fitness evolves in this new year, there will be a greater emphasis on what happens before and after working out, as well as during. The time we spend recovering is just as important as our training. our time “off” has a significant effect on our abilities in the dojo. This refers to our state of mind, quality of sleep, stress levels and of course, nutrition.
It has been projected that greater attention will be placed on holistic wellbeing in 2020 – meaning the overall picture. Technology plays a big part in this. Examples include apps designed for meditation, as well as tracking our sleep, exercise, and eating habits. This trend will have a significant focus on children too, offering sustainable health plans for a bright future! Kids may find it fun to track their food and exercise with parents, just make sure it stays fun and doesn’t become an unhealthy obsession.
As you begin to start mapping out your personal fitness goals for the year, what do you want to celebrate having achieved by December 2020? Grab paper and pen or your smartphone and begin jotting down your goals. You may be thinking “Setting goals is easy, but actually making a plan and sticking to it is the hard part.” Don’t worry, we know! That’s why we’re sharing specific guidance to get you started. We want to help you achieve a fantastic year and make progress towards optimizing your health and get your body on the right track!
Let’s Set Epic Fitness and Health Goals Using These Tools:
- Set 1-3 long term S.M.A.R.T. goals for 2020. These goals must be Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Repeatable, and Timed (6-12 month time frame). For example: My goal is to lose 30 lbs this year!
- Break each S.M.A.R.T. goal down into medium term fitness goals that will help you get there (3 months). For example: I will start working out more often and lose 10 lbs by April!
- Then break the 3 month goals into short term fitness goals (4 weeks). For example: In January, I will get to the dojo at least 8 times!
- Set weekly targets, take it one step at a time. For example: I will go to 1 MMA class and 1 Kickboxing class this week!
- Set daily habits and actions. For example: I am going to make all of my meals at home today instead of going out to eat!
- Celebrate reaching your goals along the way. For example: Now that I’ve lost 10 lbs, I’m going to buy some fun workout clothes that fit me better!
- Practice intuitive eating: This mindset complements the growing body-positive movement. People learn to let go of food rules, eating only when hungry and stopping when full. Intuitive eating encourages you to make food choices without experiencing guilt or ethical dilemma. Social Media has labeled this new trend “the anti-diet” and individuals are actually enjoying their food! It’s all about balance. Making sure you’re getting enough protein, vegetables, fiber, and fruit.
- Connect with an accountability buddy in one of our group classes: Having a friend also working towards their own goals at the same time as you will help keep you motivated and excited! Even working out together as a couple or having the entire family attend classes creates a common purpose and focus to get through the cold winter months. Check out our schedule to workout with like-minded people!
The Total Impact team is here to help you and your family get on the right track for 2020! Set S.M.A.R.T. goals, start a weekly fitness plan, and make healthy food choices to enjoy a healthy, happy new decade together. The obesity epidemic is constantly growing and more people – especially children – are becoming less active. It’s important to show our youth they can create healthy habits to turn this around.
Are you ready to KICK and PUNCH your way into 2020 with us? Success is just one click away when you sign up for an introductory class. We wish you good health, high energy, and less stress in the New Year!
The Total Impact System
The Total Impact System blends multiple styles together to create a well rounded system which utilizes techniques of American, Chinese, Israeli, Japanese, and Korean origins, including: Bu Kyoku Ryu karate, Kickboxing/Boxing, Krav Maga, Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, and Judo & Jiu-Jitsu. It is about growing and continuing the evolution of martial arts by combining the best techniques from the various styles into one program. Total Impact Martial Arts & Fitness offers exciting and innovative programs that will help you reach all of your health, fitness and martial art goals!
Ready to Impact your Mind, Body, and Spirit in the New Year?
Sign up today for a free introductory class!